Just installed the EAP350 and it generally works fine, but there have now been a number of times when the unit seems to lose network connectivity between specific devices, yet appears to maintain a wireless connection between them. It can be fixed every time, by turning off/on the wifi of the device that has has the problem, in this case always my MacBook Pro. The problem has appeared to be application-specific. Previously, it had been connecting to a network device over the Mac OSX Finder. Today, it was a Google Hangout that lost connection, but was remedied by turning off/on my MacBook's wifi. The issue does not appear to be a lost network connection by the EAP350, because all other devices connected to it remain in operation with no issues.
My MacBook shouldn't be the issue--it has never had any issue connecting and maintaining its connections and I continue to use it daily at mainly places.
UPDATE: I am seeing more dropped connections on other devices. Again, the device is connected, yet the net connection is dead. This is looking completely unusable. I am sad as the features on this device are great, but if it lacks net connectivity then its missing on the most basic.
UPDATE (2/15): Installed firmware 1.1.0 and it did not fix the problem. Still getting broken connections--all will be fine, but then randomly a wireless connection will no longer allow net traffic (can not even connect to the AP), but wireless remains connected. I tested different security modes (WPS2-PSK(TKIP+AES) and WP2-PSK(AES), with no improvement. HOWEVER, if I disable security, the problem disappears, so I suspect its something to do with how a connection retains its authorization, and maybe even its related to how Apple products handle it (haven't tried Windows or other OS).
Last edited by tongasailor
on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.